ONEONTA, N.Y.— Oneonta dropped 58 first-half points and held a 55-42 rebounding advantage en route to a 94-68 victory over visiting Buffalo State in today's SUNYAC contest.
FINAL SCORE: Oneonta - 94, Buffalo State - 68
LOCATION: Dewar Arena – Oneonta, N.Y.
RECORDS: Oneonta (12-10/7-8), Buffalo State (7-16/5-12)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kay Grant (Jamaica/Thomas Jefferson) led the Bengals in scoring with 21 points on 8 of 12 shooting from the floor to go along with eight rebounds.
- Delen Ramovic (Brooklyn/Midwood) chipped in 11 points and a team-high nine rebounds off of the bench.
- Dom Grayer (Brooklyn/Bishop Loughlin) and Cam Otiti (New Rochelle/All Hallows) each added nine points.
- Buffalo State started off the contest with back-to-back layups from Grant to take an early 4-3 lead.
- This would prove to be the final Bengals' lead as Oneonta raced out to a 19-4 run to reclaim the lead and held the momentum as the Red Dragons cruised to a 58-34 halftime lead.
- Oneonta led by as many as 32 points in the second half to complete to the win.
- Buffalo State held the Red Dragons to only four fast-break points but could not overcome a 23-9 disadvantage in points off turnovers.
FOR THE FOES
- Joseph Bull finished with 22 points and eight rebounds to lead the Red Dragons.
- Kevin Mackin added 17 points, while Andres Rivera chipped in 15 points and seven rebounds.
Buffalo State closes out its 2018-19 season with a "Battle by the Lake" contest next Saturday at 4 p.m. in the Sports Arena.