NEW PALTZ, N.Y.—New Paltz shot 58 percent from the field to claim an 88-70 victory tonight over visiting Buffalo State, officially eliminating the Bengals from SUNYAC playoff contention.
FINAL SCORE: New Paltz – 88, Buffalo State – 70
LOCATION: Hawk Center – New Paltz, N.Y.
RECORDS: New Paltz (12-9/7-7), Buffalo State (7-15/5-11)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kay Grant (Jamaica/Thomas Jefferson) paced Buffalo State with 17 points and nine rebounds.
- Sheldon Adams (Rochester/Bishop Kearney) netted 16 points.
- Ryniek Holloway (Corona/Bayside) had 11 points and three assists, and Jordan Christopher (Bronx/Mott Haven) added 10 points.
- Buffalo State led 6-2 early and again at 9-8, but New Paltz pulled ahead with 15 minutes remaining in the first half and never trailed again.
- The Hawks led 40-36 at halftime and scored the first 11 points of the second half to pull away, leading by as many as 25.
- New Paltz outscored Buffalo State 54-28 in the paint. The Hawks also had a 27-10 advantage in bench points.
FOR THE FOES
- Jake Passaretti led New Paltz with 19 points on 8 of 11 shooting.
- Tristan Wissemann added 16 points, and Scott Reisert scored 14.
- Cory Garcia chipped in 12 points and nine boards.
Buffalo State will visit Oneonta tomorrow at 4 p.m.