BUFFALO, N.Y.— Dom Grayer (Brooklyn/Bishop Loughlin) tallied 30 points on 8 of 16 shooting from the 3-point line as Buffalo State tied a school record with 16 3-pointers en route to an 81-73 victory over visiting Geneseo tonight in a SUNYAC contest.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 81, Geneseo - 73
LOCATION: Sports Arena – Buffalo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (7-14/5-10), Geneseo (6-15/3-11)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Grayer finished 10 of 18 shooting from the floor to go along with four rebounds and two steals.
- Jordan Christopher (Bronx/Mott Haven Campus) added 16 points, including 4 of 5 shooting from the 3-point line, four rebounds and two assists.
- Kay Grant (Jamaica/Thomas Jefferson) notched his ninth career double-double with 12 points and a game-high 15 rebounds.
- Sheldon Adams (Rochester/Bishop Kearney) chipped in 14 points on 3 of 9 shooting from long distance, while Ryniek Holloway finished with seven assists.
- After Geneseo scored the first five points in the contest, Buffalo State responded with a 14-0 run over the span of four minutes and held onto the momentum as it took a 30-19 lead with 5:37 left in the first stanza.
- The Knights responded by closing the half on a 17-0 run to claim a 36-30 halftime lead.
- Geneseo continued its run early in the second half to push the lead to 46-34 with 16:14 left in the contest.
- Buffalo State slowly chipped away at the deficit until a 16-0 run over a three minutes span gave the Bengals their first lead of the second half and pushed the lead to 70-59 with 4:21 left.
- The Knights had one final run as they cut the lead to 78-73 with 19 seconds left, but it was a little too late as Buffalo State escaped with a come-from-behind victory.
- Buffalo State shot 49 percent from the floor and 45 percent from behind the 3-point line.
- Geneseo outscored the Bengals 32-27 in the paint but could not overcome a 16-8 differential in made 3-pointers.
FOR THE FOES
- Zack Panebianco led Geneseo in scoring with 26 points.
- Terrance Nichols added 23 points on 3 of 7 shooting from the 3-point line, while Michael Gannon added 10 points and five rebounds.
- This is Buffalo State's third time reaching the 16 3-pointers mark in program history. The Bengals netted 16 3-pointers against Geneseo on Jan. 13, 2017 and against Hobart on Nov. 24, 2015.
Buffalo State returns to the court as it travels to New Paltz for a SUNYAC contest slated at 7:30 p.m.