BUFFALO, N.Y.— Three Buffalo State players scored in double-figures, but it was not enough as Plattsburgh used a strong first half to cruise to a 91-77 victory over the host Bengals in this afternoon's SUNYAC contest.
FINAL SCORE: Plattsburgh – 91, Buffalo State – 77
LOCATION: Sports Arena – Buffalo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Plattsburgh (17-4/11-3), Buffalo State (6-14/4-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sheldon Adams (Rochester/Bishop Kearney) led the Bengals in scoring with 19 points to go along with five rebounds and two steals.
- Jordan Christopher (Bronx/Mott Haven Campus) chipped in 17 points and eight rebounds, while Ryniek Holloway (Corona/Bayside) matched his career-high with 16 points and set a new career-high with 9 assists.
- Delen Ramovic (Brooklyn/Midwood) finished with nine points and a career-high eight rebounds.
- Buffalo State and Plattsburgh traded points for the first 10 minutes of the contest until a 3-pointer gave the Cardinals a 26-20 lead with 9:54 left in the stanza.
- Plattsburgh closed the half on a 21-12 run to take a 47-32 lead into the halftime break.
- The Bengals slowly trimmed the deficit until back-to-back fast break layups by Holloway and Christopher cut the lead to 56-49 with 14:30 left in the second half.
- Plattsburgh tallied three free throws on two of its next four possessions to push the lead back to 59-49 with 12:45 left.
- Buffalo State failed to cut into the deficit as the lead remained above 10 points for the remainder of the game.
- The Bengals held a 13-4 advantage in fast break points but being outrebounded 52-41 during the contest.
- The Cardinals held a 46-31 advantage in points in the paint.
FOR THE FOES
- Jonathan Patron finished with a game-high 41 points on 16 of 23 shooting from the floor to go along with 10 rebounds.
- Chris Middleton added 14 points and six rebounds, while Nick DeAngelis chipped in 12 points, six rebounds and three blocks.
Buffalo State returns to the court on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. as it hosts Geneseo in an important SUNYAC contest.