GENESEO, N.Y.—Buffalo State nailed 13 3-pointers as it sprinted to its most lopsided victory of the season, defeating host Geneseo 91-69 tonight in SUNYAC play.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 91, Geneseo - 69
LOCATION: Schrader Gymnasium - Geneseo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (5-13/3-9), Geneseo (5-13/2-9)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kareem Holmes (New York/The Knox School) and Dom Grayer (Brooklyn/Bishop Loughlin) led Buffalo State with 17 points apiece, while each hit four 3-pointers. Holmes also dished out seven assists in the win.
- Kay Grant (Jamaica/Thomas Jefferson) added 10 points and nine rebounds, and Delen Ramovic (Brooklyn/Midwood) scored nine points.
- Buffalo State rode some early hot-shooting to a 19-9 lead and never trailed the rest of the way.
- The Bengals led 48-34 at halftime.
- Geneseo closed the deficit to seven twice in the second half, including at 69-62 with eight minutes remaining, but a Holmes 3-pointer ignited a 10-0 Bengals run to pull away and clinch the win.
- Buffalo State shot 54 percent from the field for the game and was 13 of 34 from beyond the arc. Geneseo shot just 37 percent, including going just 5 of 19 from long range.
FOR THE FOES
- Zack Panebianco led Geneseo with 22 points, and Terrance Nichols netted 18.
Buffalo State will next host Plattsburgh in another league contest on Friday at 7:30 p.m.