BRIDGEWATER, Va.— Host Bridgewater College shot 55 percent from the field as it held off Buffalo State for a 96-89 victory tonight in the opening day of the Don Glick Classic.
FINAL SCORE: Bridgewater – 96, Buffalo State – 89
LOCATION: Bridgewater, Va.
RECORDS: Bridgewater (4-5), Buffalo State (3-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dom Grayer (Brooklyn/Bishop Loughlin) led Buffalo State with 25 points, including going 5 of 10 from 3-point range.
- Kay Grant (Jamaica/Thomas Jefferson) added 15 points and a team-high eight rebounds.
- Ryniek Holloway (Corona/Bayside) had 11 points and three assists.
- Yosh Bernardez (Bronx/Wings Academy) netted 10 points to go with four assists, and Von Daniel (Brooklyn/Uncommon Charter) chipped in nine points each.
- Buffalo State shot 47 percent from the floor and 35 percent from 3-point range, while the Eagles connected on 45 percent from beyond the arc.
- Buffalo State last led at 26-25 midway through the first half, but Bridgewater used a 7-0 run late in the half and took a 46-39 lead into the intermission.
- Buffalo State hung around and cut the lead to four at 75-71 with eight minutes remaining, but the Eagles scored the next eight points and never allowed the Bengals to threaten the rest of the way.
FOR THE FOES
- Dimetri Chambers led Bridgewater with 28 points, six assists and six steals.
- Ken Stanciel added 20 points and 11 rebounds off the bench.
Buffalo State will finish its stay in Bridgewater tomorrow against Easter Mennonite at noon.