(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) – The top-ranked Thomas More University women's basketball team out-scored 22nd-ranked Washington University in St. Louis, 31-15, in the fourth quarter to rally and defeat the Bears, 87-72, in the sectional finals of the NCAA Division III Women's Basketball Championship at the Connor Convocation Center in Crestview Hills, Kentucky. The Saints improve to 31-0 and advance their second-straight National Semifinal "Final Four" and third in the last four years. The Bears end the season at 22-7.
- Thomas More led 22-11 after the first quarter and then Washington out-scored the Saints, 21-15 in the second quarter to cut Thomas More's lead to 37-32 at halftime.
- The Saints shot 54.4 percent from the field as they connected on 31-of-57 shots.
- Thomas More had an 11-2 advantage off turnovers.
- Senior guard Madison Temple (Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson) led the team with 11 points in the first half.
- Junior guard Shelby Rupp (Milan, Ind./Batesville) tallied 10 points.
- WashU outscored Thomas More 25-19 in the third quarter to take a 57-56 lead after three quarters.
- Thomas More answered with a 31-15 fourth quarter to post the 87-72 victory.
- The Saints had a 28-12 advantage in the in paint in the second half.
- Temple scored 25 points, pulled down five rebounds, had four assists and recorded two steals in the closing half.
- Rupp finished with eight points and three rebounds in the second half.
- Thomas More shot 54.4 percent (31-of-57) from the field.
- The Saints out-scored WashU 42-26 in the paint and 20-5 off turnovers.
- Temple just missed a double-double as she had 36 points, nine rebounds, while dishing out seven assists and recording three steals.
- Rupp finished the game with 18 points and seven rebounds.
- Junior guard Kaela Saner (Florence, Ky./Boone County) tallied 11 points.
- Junior forward Emily Schultz (Melbourne, Ky./Bishop Brossart) had 10 points in the game.
- The Saints advance to play ninth-ranked University of Scranton in a national semifinal game on Friday (March 15) at Roanoke College in Salem, Virginia.
- Game time will be announced on Sunday or Monday.