BUFFALO, N.Y.— Liv LeBaron (Corning/Corning East) notched her 12th career double-double while Grace Licata (Williamsville/Williamsville South) and Kaelee Lynch (Atwater, CA/Buhuch Colony) each chipped in 12 points as Buffalo State cruised to a 84-68 victory over visiting Potsdam in SUNYAC action this afternoon.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 84, Potsdam - 68
LOCATION: Sports Arena – Buffalo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (10-10/4-9), Potsdam (7-12/4-9)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- LeBaron scored a game-high 25 points on 7 of 14 shooting to go along with 10 rebounds and four steals.
- Licata matched a career-high with seven rebounds and Lynch added four rebounds and two assists.
- Princella McCullough (Rochester/Bishop Kearney) finished with 10 points and eight rebounds, while Jenna Faulkner (Lockport/Starpoint) chipped in 10 points and a career-high eight assists.
- Buffalo State stormed out of the gates by scoring seven of the first nine points to take an early lead but could not sustain the momentum as the Bears trimmed the lead to 18-17 at the first intermission.
- The Bengals scored the first eight points of the second frame and maintained the lead for the remainder of the first half as the score fell to 39-31 at halftime.
- Buffalo State extended its lead to as many as 20 points on a 3-pointer from Kendall Mills (Buffalo/Kenmore East) with 2:28 left in the third and never looked back.
- Potsdam had one final run in the fourth stanza to cut the lead to 67-58 with over five minutes left. The Bengals closed the contest on a 17-10 run to claim the win.
- Buffalo State held a 22-9 advantage in bench production while forcing 18 Potsdam turnovers en route to a 13-11 advantage in points off turnovers.
FOR THE FOES
- Dyamon Hunter led three Potsdam players who scored in double-figures with 17 points and three rebounds.
- Devyn Elliot chipped in 16 points and nine rebounds, while Naya Walters added 13 points, nine rebounds and four blocks.
Buffalo State will host Plattsburgh for another important SUNYAC battle tomorrow at 12 p.m.