OSWEGO, N.Y.—Buffalo State dominated Oswego in the first half and coasted to a 59-40 road victory to end a seven-game losing streak and climb back in the race for the SUNYAC postseason.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 59, Oswego - 40
LOCATION: Max Ziel Gymnasium, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (9-9/3-8), Oswego (2-16/1-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Liv LeBaron (Corning/Corning East) and Grace Licata (Williamsville/Williamsville South) were the only two Bengals to finish with double-digit point totals. LeBaron led the way with 18 points, shooting 8 of 22 from the field. She also had eight rebounds and six steals. Licata hit 6 of 12 from the field, including 3 of 8 from long range to tally 15 points.
- Katie Villarini (Hamburg/Hamburg) added six points, five assists and a team-high 11 rebounds.
- Oswego scored the game's first bucket, but never led again as the Bengals roared to a 33-14 halftime advantage.
- The Lakers never cut the deficit to fewer than 13 in the second half as Buffalo State cruised to the win.
- The Bengals committed just 14 turnovers, while converting 23 Laker miscues into 25 points.
- Despite being outrebounded 52-40, Buffalo State held a 30-18 scoring advantage in the paint.
- The Lakers shot just 25 percent from the field for the game and were just 3 of 33 from 3-point range and 5 of 12 from the free throw line.
- Buffalo State shot 37 percent from the field. The Bengals made their only attempt from the free throw line.
FOR THE FOES
- Raiven Encarnacion led Oswego with 12 points, and Ramatoulaye Sy scored 11 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.
Buffalo State will visit Geneseo on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.