(BELTON, Texas) – The second-ranked Thomas More University women's basketball team defeated seventh-ranked University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, 73-55, tonight (Monday, January 7, 2019) in a battle of unbeatens at the Mayborn Campus Center in Belton, Texas. The Saints improve to 22-0 and the Cru fall to 14-1.
- Thomas More built a 32-9 lead after the first quarter and led 46-23 at halftime.
- The Saints shot 61.5 percent (16-of-26) from the field, including 66.7 percent (four-of-six) from behind the three-point arc.
- The Saints had a 20-7 advantage on points off turnovers.
- Thomas More out-rebounded the Cru 18-10.
- Senior guard Madison Temple (Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson) led the team in scoring with 12 points.
- Junior guard Kaela Saner (Florence, Ky./Boone County) added nine points.
- Junior forward Emily Schultz (Melbourne, Ky./Bishop Brossart) tallied eight points and four rebounds.
- Thomas More led 59-36 after three quarters and then posted the 73-55 victory.
- The Saints had an 18-12 advantage on points in the paint in the second half.
- Schultz scored 11 points and pulled down six rebounds in the half.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp (Milan, Ind./Batesville) added eight points and three rebounds in the closing half.
- Thomas More shot 48.1 percent (25-of-52) from the field, including 40 percent (four-of-10) from behind the three-point arc.
- The Saints out-scored the Cru 38-28 in the paint and 26-16 off turnovers.
- Schultz finished with a double-double as she scored a game-high-tying 19 points and pulled down a game-high 10 rebounds.
- Temple had 16 points, five rebounds and two assists.
- Rupp added 12 points, five rebounds and four assists.
- Saner just missed double-figure scoring with nine points.
- Thomas More is now idle until January 26 when it travels to Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania to play Geneva College at 1 p.m. inside Metheny Fieldhouse.