(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) – The second-ranked Thomas More University women's basketball team shot 62.5 percent from the field tonight (Thursday, January 3, 2019) and defeated NAIA 18th-ranked Lindsey Wilson, 88-54, in a future Mid-South Conference matchup at the Connor Convocation Center in Crestview Hills, Kentucky. The Saints remain undefeated at 20-0 and the Blue Raiders fall to 9-4.
- The Saints led 22-14 after one quarter and 43-28 at halftime.
- Thomas More shot 64.3 percent (18-of-28) from the field in the opening half, while holding the Blue Raiders to 28.1 percent shooting (9-of-32).
- Thomas More out-scored Lindsey Wilson 28-14 in the paint and 6-2 off turnovers in the first half.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp (Milan, Ind./Batesville) led all scorers in the opening half with 14 points and had two blocks and three rebounds.
- Senior guard Madison Temple (Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson) tallied 12 points and five assists.
- Junior forward Emily Schultz (Melbourne, Ky./Bishop Brossart) had seven points, three blocks, three assists and three rebounds.
- Thomas More extended the lead to 69-45 after three quarters and used a 19-9 fourth quarter to cruise to the 88-54 victory.
- In the second half the Saints had a 10-0 advantage on fast breaks and 18-10 in the paint.
- The Saints shot 60.7 percent (17-fo-28) from the field in the closing half, including 50 percent (six-of-12) from behind the three-point arc.
- Temple had 14 points, five assists and six rebounds in the second half.
- Rupp had six points and two rebounds.
- Schultz had eight points, three assists, two blocks and two rebounds.
- Thomas More shot 62.5 percent (35-of-56) from the field, including 46.8 percent (seven-of-16) from behind the arc.
- The Saints out-scored the Blue Raiders 46-24 in the paint, 13-6 off turnovers and 16-4 on fast breaks.
- Temple was named the Jimmy John's Player of the Game as she had a double-double with 26 points and 10 rebounds, while pulling down seven rebounds.
- Rupp finished with 20 points, five rebounds and two blocks.
- Schultz had 15 points, five blocks, six assists and five rebounds.
- Sophomore guard Briana McNutt (Maysville, Ky./Mason County) had seven points.
- Senior guard Kelly Clapper (Newark, Ohio/Newark Catholic) finished with seven points.
- The Saints return to the road as they travel to Richardson, Texas on Saturday (January 5) to play 23rd-ranked The University of Texas at Dallas at 5 p.m. Eastern/4 p.m. Central.