(MIAMI GARDENS, Fla.) – Thomas More University senior guard Madison Temple (Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson) set the program's career record for made field goals today (Wednesday, December 19, 2018) as she led the second-ranked Saints to an, 85-49, win over Wesleyan (Conn.) University at The Exclusive Tournament played at the Fernandez Family Center in Miami Gardens, Florida. The Saints improve to 14-0 and the Cardinals fall to 4-3.
- Thomas More led 25-13 after one quarter and 43-23 at halftime.
- The Saints shot 50 percent (15-of-30) from the field in the first half.
- Temple had 20 points in the opening half, including 14 points in the first quarter.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp (Milan, Ind./Batesville) pulled down six rebounds bounds in the half to lead the Saints the boards.
- Thomas More tallied 18 points in the paint.
- Temple set the career field goals made record with a basket at the 6:38 mark of the third quarter.
- Thomas More shot 64.2 percent from the field in the closing half as it connected on 18-of-28 shots.
- The Saints led 70-38 after three quarters.
- 16 Saints played in the second half.
- Temple increased her made field goal total to 659, breaking the previous mark of 656 set by Amy Burk (1995-99).
- Temple led the team in scoring with a season-high 30 points and dished out seven assists.
- Thomas More shot 56.9 percent (33-of-58) from the field.
- The Saints out-scored the Cardinals, 46-26 in the paint and 8-0 on fast breaks.
- Rupp just missed a double-double as she scored 14 points and pulled down a game-high nine rebounds, while recording three steals.
- Junior forward Emily Schultz (Melbourne, Ky./Bishop Brossart) had 15 points seven rebounds and two steals
- Thomas More closes out The Exclusive Tournament tomorrow when it plays California Lutheran University at 1 p.m. at the Fernandez Family Center.