WAYNE, N.J. – Sophomore forward Vianca Soriano (New Milford, N.J./New Milford) recorded her third double-double of the season and senior guard Julie Rovito(Ridgefield Park, N.J./Ridgefield Park) dropped 22 of her game-high 31 points in the opening half as the William Paterson women's basketball team (5-6) easily dispatched of Susquehanna (3-5), 81-53, Dec. 15.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- It was all William Paterson in the opening quarter as the Pioneers' defense held Susquehanna scoreless for nearly six minutes en route to a 22-7 lead after 10 minutes. WP stretched its advantage to 20 (39-19, 4:15) before Susquehanna closed the half on a 6-0 run and trailed 39-25 at the break.
- WP outscored the visiting River Hawks by a 27-10 margin in the third quarter and led by 31 (66-35) before closing out the game 81-53.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rovito posted her eight double-digit scoring output of the season and has now registered 30-plus points in back-to-back games. She also added four assists and six steals.
- Soriano contributed 12 points, while her 10 rebounds led all players.
- Ema Jacketti (Beacon, N.Y./Beacon) and Chloe Kasbarian (Midland Park, N.J./Midland Park) came off the bench to add eight points apiece.
- The Pioneers committed a season-low nine turnover while forcing 22 miscues which led to 30 WP points.
- WP travels to Danbury, Conn. for the opening game of the Western Connecticut Tournament against Oneonta on Saturday, Dec. 29.
FOLLOW THE PIONEERS: