(WALLA WALLA, Wash.) – Seven Saints reached double-figures tonight (Friday, December 7, 2018) as the fourth-ranked Thomas More University women's basketball team defeated Whitworth University, 104-65, on the first day of the Kim Evanger Raney Classic hosted by Whitman College at the Sherwood Athletic Center in Walla Walla, Washington. Thomas More improves to 10-0 and Whitworth falls to 5-2.
- Thomas More jumped out to a 36-7 lead after the first quarter and led 66-37 at halftime.
- The Saints shot 87.5 percent from the field (14-of-16) in the first quarter, including 100 percent from behind the three point arc (four-of-four).
- At halftime, Thomas More was shooting 74.3 percent from the field (26-of-35) and 66.7 percent from behind the arc (eight-of-12).
- Senior guard Madison Temple (Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson) led the team in the first half with 13 points and seven assists.
- Junior guard Kaela Saner (Florence, Ky./Boone County) was four-of-four from behind the three-point arc and tallied 12 points.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp (Milan, Ind./Batesville) led the team on the boards with six rebounds.
- The Saints led by as many as 41 points (100-59) with 3:57 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Thomas More shot 50 percent from the field (16-of-32).
- Rupp led the team in scoring in the half with eight points.
- Temple added seven points.
- Thomas More shot 62.7 percent from the field (42-of-67), including 50 percent from three-point range (10-of-20).
- The Saints connected on 10-of-11 free-throws for 90.9 percent.
- Thomas More out-scored Whitman 58-36 in the paint and 32-11 off turnovers.
- Temple recorded a double-double with a game-high 20 points and 10 assists, while pulling down six rebounds.
- Rupp finished the game with 14 points and six rebounds.
- Saner added 12 points.
- First-year Asyah Mitchell (Kenton County, Ky./Cooper) tallied 12 points.
- Senior guard Kelly Clapper (Newark, Ohio/Newark Catholic) added 11 points.
- Junior forward Emily Schultz (Melbourne, Ky./Bishop Brossart) finished with 10 points, six assists and five rebounds.
- Sophomore guard Briana McNutt (Maysville, Ky./Mason County) scored 10 points.
- Thomas More will close out the Kim Evanger Raney Classic tomorrow when hit will play host Whitman at 7 p.m. Eastern/4 p.m. Pacific.