BUFFALO, N.Y.— Grace Licata (Williamsville/Williamsville South) finished with 22 points off of six 3-pointers while Liv LeBaron (Corning/Corning East) chipped in 13 points and six rebounds as Buffalo State led from start to finish in a 91-55 victory over Oswego in SUNYAC action this evening.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 91, Oswego – 55
LOCATION: Sports Arena – Buffalo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (6-2, 1-1 SUNYAC), Oswego (1-6, 0-3 SUNYAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Licata led the Bengals' offense while adding five rebounds, three assists and three steals.
- LeBaron also tallied three assists and three steals.
- Kendall Mills (Buffalo/Kenmore East) and Katie Villarini (Hamburg/Hamburg) each chipped in 10 points, with Villarini finishing with seven rebounds and three assists.
- Buffalo State stormed out of the gates by scoring 12 of the first 14 points and used a 3-pointer from LeBaron to extend the lead to 15-6 after 10 minutes of action.
- The Bengals extended their lead to 50-27 at halftime fueled by four 3-pointers from Licata in the second stanza alone.
- Buffalo State continued the momentum early in the second half as it extended its lead to 64-32 off a layup from Kaelee Lynch (Atwater, CA/Buhach Colony). The Bengals finished the third frame with a 75-45 lead.
- The Bengals outscored the Lakers 16-10 in the final quarter fueled by a pair of 3-pointers from Brittney Caldwell (Bronx/Pelham Prep) to cruise to the win.
- Buffalo State held a 37-30 advantage in points in the paint while outscoring Oswego 15-4 in fast break points.
- Oswego held a 10-4 advantage in points from the charity stripe but could not overcome 15 turnovers.
FOR THE FOES
- Samantha Britton led the Lakers in scoring with 18 points and added 10 rebounds.
- Ramatoulaye Sy chipped in 12 points and eight rebounds, while Quincey Zimmerman added six points and 10 rebounds.
Buffalo State will host Cortland for another SUNYAC battle tomorrow at 2 p.m.