BUFFALO, N.Y.— Liv LeBaron (Corning/Corning East) tallied 23 points and Princella McCullough (Rochester/Bishop Kearney) added 12 points and 16 rebounds as Buffalo State used a 17-6 run in the second quarter to cruise to a 79-49 victory over visiting Alfred State this evening.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 79, Alfred State – 49
LOCATION: Sports Arena – Buffalo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Alfred State (5-1), Buffalo State (3-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- LeBaron led the Bengals in scoring while adding five rebounds and four assists.
- McCullough recorded her third double-double of the season and added four steals.
- Grace Licata (Williamsville/Williamsville South) added 11 points while Kaelee Lynch (Atwater, CA/Buhach Colony) chipped in 10 points and four steals.
- Buffalo State and Alfred matched each other point-for-point in the first quarter until a late 7-0 run gave the Bengals the 20-13 lead after 10 minutes of action.
- The Bengals opened up the game with a 17-6 run throughout the second frame led by Lynch who tallied five points during the run, including a 3-pointer at the halftime buzzer to extend the lead to 37-19.
- Buffalo State extended its lead to 47-26 off of back-to-back layup by LeBaron at the midway point of the third stanza and pushed the lead to 63-33 on a late 3-pointer by Licata.
- The Bengals maintained its lead throughout the majority of the fourth quarter to cruise to the 79-49 victory.
- Buffalo State held Alfred to 21 percent shooting from the floor and 18 percent from 3-point range.
- The Bengals also held a 30-4 advantage in points off turnovers.
FOR THE FOES
- Kelsey Shaulis led the Pioneer's offense with 13 points and four rebounds.
- Emily Kelley and Janae Gibson added 11 rebounds and 10 rebounds respectively.
Buffalo State will return to the court on Saturday as it travels to "Battle by the Lake" rival Fredonia at 2 p.m.