More news about: DeSales
Nov 20, 2018
- Final Score: DeSales - 99, Moravian - 58
- Records: DeSales (4-0); Moravian (4-1)
How it Happened
- After taking a 24-15 lead thru one quarter of play, DSU used an 18-0 run after the Greyhounds scored the first basket of the second quarter to take a 42-17 lead and never really looked back from there.
- Freshman Rylie Rittenhouse keyed the spurt with back-to-back three-point plays and sophomore Isabel Caruso had five points during the run.
- The lead was 23 points (48-25) at the halftime break and grew to as many as 36 points during the third quarter before the final 41-point margin.
Top Bulldog Performers
- Senior Leandra Sterner again led the scoring charge with 16 points on 7-of-10 shotting and added four assists.
- Fellow senior Morgan Birmelin had 15 points and added five assists, four steals, and three blocks to her stat line.
- Rittenhouse led the bench with 13 points and totaled five rebounds, three assists, and three steals, while fellow freshman Samantha Shinkus totaled 12 points, four assists, and three steals.
- Caruso finished with seven points and four steals, while freshman Averi Jordan had nine points.
For the Foes
- Emily Walls came off the bench to score 19 points.
- Maddie Capuano hit for 12 points and Karlie Brogan added 11 in the loss.
Inside the Box Score
- DSU shot a blistering 56.1 percent from the field and hit 8-for-16 from outside the arc.
- DeSales forced 32 Greyhound turnovers leading to 38 points.
- The Bulldogs had a slight 38-34 advantage on the glass.
- DeSales has now scored 99+ points in all four of its early season games and is shooting 50.7 percent as a team.
- The Bulldogs face its biggest challenge of the season on Monday when they travel to 8th ranked The University of Scranton for a 7:00 pm tipoff.