(DANVILLE, Ky.) – The fifth-ranked Thomas More University women's basketball team extended its season-opening winning streak to four games today (Saturday, November 17, 2018) as it defeated Meredith College, 100-40, on the final day of the Lee's Famous Chicken/Hampton Inn Classic hosted by Centre College in Danville, Kentucky.
- Thomas More led by as many as 64 points (93-29) with 4:24 to play in the game.
- The Saints shot 55.4 percent (41-of-74) from the field.
- Thomas More out-scored Meredith 60-10 in the paint, 41-4 off turnovers and the Saints bench had a 47-6 advantage over Meredith's bench.
- 15 Saints scored in the game.
- Senior guard Madison Temple (Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson) finished the game with a game-high 26 points, six steals, five assists and four rebounds.
- First-year guard Asyah Mitchell (Kenton County, Ky./Cooper) had 11 points.
- First-year guard Lucy Carrigan (Rising Sun, Ind./Rising Sun) led the team on the boards with seven rebounds.
- Senior guard Kelly Clapper (Newark, Ohio/Newark Catholic) led the team in assists with six.
- Junior guard Kaela Saner (Florence, Ky./Boone County) and senior forward Shelby Rupp (Milan, Ind./Batesville) each finished the game with eight points.
- Sophomore forward Allison Gribben (Edgewood, Ky./Notre Dame Academy) pulled down six rebounds.
- Thomas More will host the Julie Costello Memorial Classic – presented by Barleycorn's next Saturday and Sunday (November 24-25) at the Connor Convocation Center in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
- The Saints will play Maryville (Tenn.) College on Saturday at 4 p.m. and La Roche College on Sunday at 4 p.m.