OLIVET, Mich. -- Taylor Simpson and Meghan Herrick scored 17 and 16 points, respectively, as the second-ranked University of Chicago defeated host Olivet College 80-36 in nonconference women's basketball action Wednesday evening.
- Chicago (7-0) trailed 15-14 with 9:14 to go in the first half before closing out the period on a 20-2 run to take a 34-17 lead at the intermission.
- The Maroons led by at least 18 points throughout the second stanza and were up by 30 or more for the game's final 7:10.
- Chicago outshot Olivet from the field 52.5% to 22.6% and held a 49-32 edge on the boards.
- Herrick grabbed seven rebounds, while Simpson (pictured) collected six.
- SoQuitta DeShazor paced the Comets (1-7) with 10 points.
- Chicago extended its regular season winning streak to 25 games overall and 11 in a row on the road.
- The Maroons have won the last 39 games in which they led at the half.
- Chicago remained undefeated (4-0) against Olivet.
- Chicago travels to Notre Dame, Ind., to meet St. Mary's College Saturday at 1 p.m. (ET) in its final game before Christmas.