BROCKPORT, N.Y.—Freshman Kemron Frederick (Elmsford/Alexander Hamilton) netted a career-best 18 points to lead Buffalo State to an 88-80 road victory over Brockport tonight, snapping the Bengals' nine-game losing streak.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 88, Brockport - 80
LOCATION: Jim and John Vlogianitis Gymnasium - Brockport, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (4-11/2-7), Brockport (10-5/6-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Frederick was 7 of 9 from the field, including 3 of 5 from 3-point range.
- Sheldon Adams (Rochester/Bishop Kearney) added 16 points to go with four assists.
- Kay Grant (Jamaica/Thomas Jefferson) finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds, and Jordan Christopher (Bronx/Mott Haven) scored 10 points.
- Buffalo State used a 10-1 run in the later stages of the opening half to lead 37-29, but Brockport closed the frame with an 8-2 stretch to trail 39-37 going into the break.
- Buffalo State scored the first seven points of the second half to take a nine-point lead and pushed the advantage to as many as 12 at 54-42.
- The Golden Eagles scored the next nine points to come within three, but Buffalo State continued to maintain the lead.
- Brockport finally evened the score at 68-68 and again at 70-70 with five minutes remaining, but a layup by Christopher regained a lead the Bengals would not relinquish.
- The Christopher bucket sparked a 9-0 run and the Bengals pulled away for the win.
- Buffalo State shot 48 percent from the field, including 62 percent in the second half.
- The Bengals converted 41 points off 23 Brockport turnovers.
FOR THE FOES
- Jahidi Wallace and Brandon Kennedy-Gay led Brockport with 14 points apiece.
Buffalo State hit the road again on Friday for another SUNYAC contest at Cortland at 7:30 p.m.