POTSDAM, N.Y.— Buffalo State outscored Potsdam 46-38 in the second half to rally from a 12-point second half deficit but could not overcome a late 10-2 run by the Bears en route to a 79-76 loss in SUNYAC action this evening.
FINAL SCORE: Potsdam – 79, Buffalo State – 76
LOCATION: Jerry Welsh Gymnasium – Potsdam, N.Y.
RECORDS: Potsdam (7-6, 3-3 SUNYAC), Buffalo State (3-8, 1-4 SUNYAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dom Grayer (Brooklyn/Bishop Loughlin) led five Bengals in double-figures with 15 points on 5 of 8 shooting from the 3-point line.
- Kay Grant (Jamaica/Thomas Jefferson) notched his fourth double-double of the season with 13 points and 12 rebounds.
- Jordan Christopher (Bronx/Mott Haven Campus) finished with 11 points to go along with nine rebounds, while Sheldon Adams (Rochester/Bishop Kearney) and Ryniek Holloway (Corona/Bayside) added 13 points and 12 points respectively.
- Potsdam jumped out to an 23-13 lead with nine minutes left in the first period but couldn't sustain the momentum as Buffalo State trimmed the lead to 31-28 on a 3-pointer by Grayer.
- The Bears responded with scoring 11 of the final 13 points in the first half to take a 41-30 halftime lead.
- The Bengals slowly chipped away at the lead until 3-pointer from Adams and a pair of free-throws by Holloway cut the deficit to 53-52 with 10:40 left in the contest.
- Buffalo State used the momentum to kick off a 16-9 run to retake and push the lead to 68-62 with just over five minutes left.
- Both teams battled for the next two minutes until a layup from Holloway gave the Bengals a 74-69 lead with 3:06 left.
- Potsdam closed the contest on a 10-2 run to escape with the victory.
- Buffalo State outrebounded the Bears 45-35 in the contest en route to a 19-6 advantage in second chance points.
FOR THE FOES
- Dante Langley led the Bears with 25 points and four rebounds off the bench.
- Jayquan Thomas finished with 23 points while Nosa Onabor added 11 points.
Buffalo State will visit Plattsburgh for another SUNYAC contest at 4 p.m.