(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) – The Thomas More University men's basketball team defeated across-the-river rival Mount St. Joseph University, 78-47, today (Saturday, December 22, 2018) in the 2018 Bridge Shootout at the Connor Convocation Center in Crestview Hills, Kentucky. The Saints improve to 7-7 and the Lions fall to 3-8.
- Thomas More shot 57.1 percent (16-of-28) from the field in the opening half.
- The Saints led 37-19 at halftime.
- TMU out-rebounded MSJ 37-19 in the half.
- Senior guard Damion King (Winchester, Ky./George Rogers Clark) led the team in scoring with 12 points in the half.
- Senior guard Ryne Callahan (Morehead, Ky./Rowan County) added 10 points.
- Senior guard Ralph Stone (Shelbyville, Ky./Martha Layne Collins) pulled down 10 rebounds.
- Thomas More out-scored Mount St. Joseph, 41-28, in the second half to cruise to the 47-47 victory.
- The Saints shot 57.1 percent from the field (16-of-28)
- 16 Saints played in the half and nine scored.
- King led the team in scoring in the half with nine points.
- Thomas More out-scored MSJ 44-22 in the paint, 27-9 off turnovers, 12-4 on second chance points and 12-0 on fast break points.
- King was named the Jimmy John's Player of the Game as he led all scorers with 21 points.
- Callahan finished the game with 14 points and three steals.
- Senior guard Brandon Horne (Louisville, Ky./Male) also finished with 14 points.
- Stone had 13 rebounds to lead the Saints on the glass.
- Thomas More returns to the hardwood December 28 and 29 when it competes at the University of Mount Union Holiday Classic in Alliance, Ohio.
- The Saints play Adrian College on December 28 at 7:30 p.m. and Trine University at 1 p.m. on December 29.