OSWEGO, N.Y. - Senior Quinn Carey poured in 22 points on 7-of-13 shooting from long range to propel the Oswego State men's basketball team to a non-conference victory over Clarkson University on Tuesday evening at the Max Ziel Gymnasium. With the win, the Lakers improve to 3-0 on the young season.
- Final Score: Oswego 80, Clarkson 60
- Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium, Laker Hall - Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego (3-0) | Clarkson (0-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lakers took a 42-26 lead into halftime behind 51.6% shooting in the first half. Freshman Julien Crittendon led the way with 10 points with Joe Sullivan and Brandan Gartland chipping in eight apiece.
- Oswego's defense held the Golden Knights to just 37.5% shooting in the first half and forced seven turnovers.
- In the second half, Carey pushed the Laker lead to 20 with a three pointer and a four-point play inside the first few minutes.
- A three-pointer by junior Tim Marshall at the 11-minute mark would put Oswego up 64-41 and put the game out of reach.
- Sophomore Liam Sanborn had 11 assists on the night while Carey (22), Sullivan (13), Marshall (12) and Crittendon (10) all reached double figures in points.
- Sullivan and senior Tyler Pierre each grabbed nine rebounds to lead Oswego.
- The team had a season-high 17 three-point baskets and is averaging 93 points per game to start the season.
The Lakers stay at home on next Tuesday for a 7 p.m. non-conference tilt with Nazareth College.