Maroons Improve to 17-0 with 68-49 Win over Emory
CHICAGO -- Three Maroons scored in double digits as the second-ranked University of Chicago women's basketball team remained unbeaten with a 68-49 win over University Athletic Association rival Emory University Friday night at the Ratner Athletics Center.
The win sets up a clash of undefeated teams in Chicago Sunday when the Maroons (17-0 overall, 6-0 UAA) play host to the University of Rochester. The fifth-ranked Yellowjackets edged Washington University 72-70 Friday in St. Louis to improve to 17-0.
- Emory (13-4, 4-2) fell behind 7-1, but by halftime the Maroons built a 37-25 lead.
- The Maroons led by double digits throughout the second period. Chicago built its largest lead of the game, 68-41, with 4:47 to go.
- Taylor Simpson led the Maroons with 11 points, while Joann Torres and Hannah Ballard each tallied 10.
- Emory's Misha Jackson led all scorers with 15 points. She also grabbed 11 rebounds.
- Chicago remained one of six undefeated teams in the NCAA Division III.
- Chicago won its 35th straight regular season game, its 21st consecutive home contest, and its 20th straight UAA affair.
- The Maroons also won for the 46th straight occasion when leading at halftime.
- Sunday's game between 17-0 Chicago and 17-0 Rochester is set to tip off at 2 p.m.