MILTON, Mass. – Senior forward Daquan Sampson (Germantown, Md.) netted his 1,000th career point as the Endicott men's basketball team lit up the scoreboard with a 100-59 road victory against the Curry College Colonels in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play Wednesday night inside Katz Gymnasium.
Sampson became the 15th student-athlete in the history of the Endicott men's basketball team to eclipse the milestone as his layup with 15:54 remaining in the second half gave him 1,001 career points on his way to a 12-point, 10-rebound night in 17 minutes of action for his second double-double of the season.
The Gulls raced out to a 23-4 lead with 13:19 to play in the opening stanza thanks in part to a 14-0 run from 16:49 to 13:19 on the clock and increased that dominance to a 38-8 cushion with 8:50 to go to build a steady 52-29 advantage at halftime.
Freshman guard Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) set a new career-high in the first half alone as 17 of his game-high 20 points came in the opening frame off the bench.
Endicott scored a season-high 100 points for the team's first time reaching the triple digit club since the 2014 season when the Gulls registered a single-game program best 112 points at Castleton on March 5, 2014.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 21-13 in the all-time series versus Curry.
- The Gulls have won eight straight meetings with the Colonels, including a regular-season series sweep this season (W, 85-56 on 11/30/16).
- Senior guard Max Motroni (West Warwick, R.I.) moved further into fifth all-time in career scoring with 1,282 career points as he finished with eight points tonight.
- Sophomore forward Vinny Clifford (Danvers, Mass.) hit 5-of-8 from downtown as he chipped in a career-high 18 points off the bench.
- The Gulls made a season-high 35 field goals, blocked a season-high seven shots, as well as grabbed 53 rebounds to tie their season-high (also against Curry on 11/30/16), in addition to a season-high 39 defensive rebounds.
FOR THE FOES
- The Colonels have now lost nine straight games.
- Freshman guard Jared Thorpe-Johnson (Dorchester, Mass.) led Curry with a team-high 15 points.
- Freshman guard Jordan George-Bellitti (Cambridge, Mass.) was also in double figures as he added 12 points.
- Freshman forward Vertell Dunham (Jamaica, N.Y.) pulled down a team-high seven rebounds.
Endicott (14-4, 9-2 CCC) travels to Boston, Mass. to take on Wentworth in CCC play on Saturday, January 28 at 3:00 p.m.
Curry (1-17, 0-11 CCC) goes on the road at Salve Regina on Saturday, January 28 at 3:00 p.m.